Skip to content
- It was part of a Religious Festival.
- Pierre De Coubertin decided that it would be a good if everyone came together to play sport and would encourage peace with the countries he thought this in 1896.
- So that the sacred olive leaves from the wreath would be taken to the Olympia olive trees near the Temple Of The Greek Gods.
- probably they thought that they would get hurt and also that they thought men were more sacred because of the god Zeus.
- The Torch comes from Olympia, and is lit to be used so it can light a couldron that symbolises the start of the games.